For some who get depressed, getting out is difficult but add advice says getting out into the fresh air helps lift your mood.
But what can you do if your body feels like lead, heavy and unmovable?
The thought of going out fills you with fear and there is simply no motivation to get moving?
There is no energy in your battery and the most you can think about coping with is sitting there, just being.
How can we gently invite nature in to help with the healing process?
There are a few things we can do, very small things which may or may not help:
- Open a window – even if it’s for 5 minutes, sometimes letting fresh air in can bring in a new energy and probably much needed freshness
- If the sun is shinning, sit in the rays and let them warm you up. It can feel like nature is giving you a hug and you warm up from the inside out
- Get an air plant – I find these fascinating as they don’t need any soil and get moisture from the air. Extremely low maintenance but some greenery into your room.
- Get a plant – house plants are nature’s air fresheners, can introduce scent, colour or dynamic shapes and are non judgemental companions
- Plant something that will give you food – or you can buy a little plant and nurture it. Getting something back is very rewarding plus the taste is amazing! Maybe start out with something simple like a tomato plant on your kitchen window sill?
Of course there are lots more you can do and this is something I will be looking into in more detail in the Head Garden program. Click the image to find out more.