When I look at old photos, I think to myself if I met me then, what advice would I give me?
The primary school me? The teenage me? The new mum me?
Talking from the heart, these things are what I know now and would say:
• Play more with your friends and dogs
• Play more outside; climb just one more mango tree (and eat just one more mango)
• Just because someone says something, it doesn’t make it true
• Keep smiling and spreading the light
• Friends come and go
• Have patience
• It is difficult leaving places your heart calls home but you are gifted with having a memory and having photos
• Stay kind and giving
• Trust your instincts more, you know what you want and what you need
• Be creative, try new creative things
• It’s ok to make mistakes
• Don’t put people on pedestals, we’re all just human
• When things get dark, just hold on, it will pass
• Time flies so treasure every moment
• Everything happens for a reason and a lesson
• Keep the hope
• You are unique, you belong to the world, you are loved and you have a purpose in life
What would you say to your younger self?
You can be the person you needed at the time you felt no one was there.
Take some time out now, remember a moment you needed support, and talk to the younger version of yourself, comfort them, love them, love yourself x